Ron May set up business in 1958, located on the borders of Essex and London. His first love was cycling, and his second love was shooting. Ron called the business Mays and he sold bikes, bike parts, shot guns, ammunition and fishing equipment, including fishing bait.
In 1962 Ron formed a limited company called May of London Limited and dedicated his business to the sale of guns and ammunition. Ron was a dedicated shooter and shot at county level, with trials for the English team. Ron dedicated the rest of his life to shooting and was involved in setting up many clubs and running a number of shooting leagues, which included local clubs in Essex, which are still running today.
The business ran until 2001, when Ron decided to sell the business Ron sold it to Colin and Anne, the current owners. Since that time the shop has grown in size, carries a wide range of guns, ammunition, shooting and reloading equipment.